domingo, 19 de septiembre de 2010

PHONETICS










PHONETIC CHART & EXERCISES






ENGLISH LESSONS

VERBS
TENSE REVISION CHART



Verb
(to play)
TenseUseExample
I playPresent simplemore...▪ Regular activities - routine - habits▪ Anne and Sophie play tennis on Saturday afternoons.
I am playingPresent continuousmore...▪ Continuous action now or at the present time.▪ Anne and Sophie are playing at the moment.
I have playedPresent Perfect Simple
more...
▪ Finished part of a continuous action
▪ Completed actions in an unfinished period of time
▪ Recent events (no time mentioned)
▪ Past action with a result in the present.
▪ Experiences (no time mentioned)
▪ So far they have played two sets.
▪ They have played several other matches this month.
▪ Their parents have just arrived.
▪ Sophie has broken her racket so she's got to change it.
▪ They have played in many tournaments.
I have been playingPresent Perfect Continuous more...▪ Actions begun in the past which continue today.▪ They have been playing tennis since 2 pm.
I playedPast Simple more...▪ Finished actions at a specific time in the past.▪ Last Saturday Sophie played in another tournament.
I was playingPast Continuousmore...▪ Continuous actions at a specific time in the past.▪ At 2.30 pm they were startingthe second set.
I had playedPast Perfect Simplemore...▪ Actions before a specific time in the past.▪ Before they arrived, two other people had played a match.
I had been playingPast Perfect Continuous more...▪ Past continuous actions▪ When their parents arrived, theywere already playing.
I will playFuture simple more...▪ Predictions
▪ Spontaneous decisions or offers
▪ Sophie will win the match today.
I'll lend you my tennis racket!
I will be playingFuture continuous▪ Future continuous actions▪ Next Saturday they will be playing in another town.
I will have playedFuture perfect▪ Completed future action.

▪ By September, they will have played 12 matches.

I will have been playingFuture perfect continuous▪ Continuous future action completed at a given time.▪ At 4 pm Anne and Sophie will have been playing for 2 hours.
I would playConditional Simplemore...▪ Probable action in an imaginary situation▪ I would play tennis if I had a racket.
I would be playingConditional Continuous▪ Continuous action in an imaginary situation.▪ Anne would be playing tennis if you came on a Saturday afternoon.
I would have playedConditional Perfect▪ Speculating about hypothetical situations in the past.▪ I would have played yesterday ifyou had asked me.
I would have been playingCond. Perfect Continuous▪ Continuous hypothetical situations.▪ I would have been playing with Anne if I had won my last match.



http://www.learn-english-today.com/lessons/lesson_contents/verbs_tense-revision.htm


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario